Everyone loves a pretty Holiday drink and we have just the one for you this season! Our Holiday cocktail is a take on an old fashioned with a festive twist!
Homemade Cinnamon Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cinnamon sticks
For the Cocktail
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon rosemary simple syrup
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 ounces bourbon
To Garnish (Optional but highly recommended)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange peel
- rosemary sprig
For our cinnamon rosemary simple syrup, we've followed our favorite recipe from Salted Plains! Her recipe has you combine honey, water, rosemary sprigs, and cinnamon sticks over medium heat. You then bring this to a simmer, stirring frequently until the honey has dissolved into water. Then remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Once it has cooled, remove the rosemary and cinnamon sticks and transfer to an airtight container.
When you are ready to make the cocktail, follows these simple steps:
- Add 4 teaspoons of the cinnamon rosemary simple syrup
- Add 3 dashes of bitters
- Swirl the simple syrup and bitters. We like to use our cinnamon stick to do so!
- Add in bourbon. We'll leave it up to you how much.. or little you'd like to use.
- Add in ice and swirl once more.
- Garnish! This step is optional but adding in a rosemary sprig and a twisted orange peel really gives it that holiday feel.
- Cheers! You are now ready to sip and enjoy!